Associates play a central role in developing case strategy, conducting research, directing analysis, understanding data and key findings, and proposing effective approaches to the problems faced by their teams. Some examples of these efforts include:
- Identifying key theoretical issues in a case.
- Formulating appropriate empirical strategies.
- Understanding complex datasets.
- Performing sophisticated data analysis.
- Interpreting the findings of the case team’s research and analysis.
- Synthesizing relevant academic literature.
- Developing a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and the environments in which they operate.
“The Associate career path”
Yesim Richardson | Officer
Boston University, Ph.D.
Eric Bickford | Principal
Princeton University, M.P.A.
Associates work closely with senior staff to define objectives, guide research efforts, and manage deadlines. They also guide and mentor junior staff, working with analysts to develop and execute work plans. Associates play a key role in ensuring the quality of their teams’ work and in using the results of that work to reach conclusions about critical case issues. In addition associates work closely with clients and experts.
Outside of casework associates participate in important firmwide development activities, contributing to the development of Cornerstone Research’s practice capabilities, internal knowledge-sharing efforts, and relationships with academic and industry experts.