Clients consult with Cornerstone Research on a range of projects involving numerous industries. We specialize in the analysis of complex financial, economic, accounting, and marketing issues that arise in litigation. Cornerstone Research works on high-profile cases reported on the front page of the Wall Street Journal. Our clients include nearly all major securities firms, financial institutions such as hedge funds and private equity firms, top consulting and other professional services firms, leading pharmaceutical companies, major participants in energy markets, Internet and other high-technology firms, large telecommunications providers, and others. A sample of the issues on which we work includes:
- Securities valuation involving stocks, debt instruments, and derivatives.
- Competition issues related to mergers, joint ventures and cartels, and the behavior of market-leading firms.
- Intellectual property and the commercial value of innovation and technology.
- High-profile financial institution failures, including the role of risk management and the credit crisis.
- Healthcare and pharmaceutical disputes involving topics such as reimbursement issues and the dynamics of generic drug competition.
- The impact of cost and financial accounting practices.