Gregor Langus discussed mergers and innovation at this annual conference in London.
Dr. Langus joined a panel of attorneys and European policymakers to discuss “Mergers and Innovation Issues” at this annual in-person event.
The panel focused on merger control in innovation, innovation issues, recent cases, and potential remedies. Key topics included:
- The role of research and development (R&D) in shaping innovation, future product markets, and consumer surplus
- Uncertainties—such as consumer sensitivities to price, quality improvement, and the introduction of new products—raised by innovation and their impact on competition
- The importance of merger control in innovative markets
- Dealing with uncertainty in merger reviews, particularly the potential output of innovation efforts
- Challenges arising from structural and behavioral remedies, and the effects of those remedies on competitive markets
Cornerstone Research was a sponsor of this event, hosted by Concurrences. For more information, visit the event website.