Laura Kelly focuses on complex matters related to securities class actions, financial institutions, market manipulation, and valuation. She has supported experts at all stages of litigation and leads teams analyzing large datasets for regulatory investigations.
Her experience includes:
- Examining issues related to price impact, loss causation, and damages in securities litigation (Rule 10b-5, Section 11, and Section 12).
Financial institutions and market manipulation
- Analyzing money markets and interest rate derivatives data of a major financial institution in connection with regulatory investigations related to alleged LIBOR manipulation.
- Analyzing trading patterns in the context of alleged FX manipulation.
- Analyzing the value of certain loan guarantees for a tax dispute.
- Assessing the value of employee stock options and restricted stock awards.
Ms. Kelly has more than nine years of consulting experience and is a chartered financial analyst.