Economic and financial consulting firm advances Altuglu, Cao, Salgado, Saravia, Schneider, and Subramanian.
San Francisco—Cornerstone Research, a leading provider of economic and financial consulting and expert testimony, announced today the promotions of six staff members to vice president: Vildan Altuglu, Yan Cao, Maria Salgado, Celeste Saravia, Frank Schneider, and Narayanan “Nari” Subramanian.
“We are incredibly excited to have these six outstanding leaders join us as partners in the firm,” said Cornerstone Research President and CEO Michael E. Burton. “Over their respective careers, each has made important contributions to the growth of our firm, and ensures that Cornerstone Research will remain an exceptional firm in our industry for many years to come.”
We are incredibly excited to have these six outstanding leaders join us as partners in the firm.
- Vildan Altuglu specializes in applying economic analysis and marketing research techniques to product liability, product misrepresentation, false advertising, antitrust, intellectual property, and general business litigation matters. Dr. Altuglu’s industry experience includes automobiles, consumer packaged goods, and technology markets. She plays a leadership role in the firm’s consumer fraud and product liability practice. Dr. Altuglu is based in New York.
- Yan Cao specializes in financial economics and financial accounting. Dr. Cao assesses issues related to market efficiency, market microstructure, derivatives, risk management, and valuation across a range of complex litigation and regulatory proceedings. Her case experience spans many industries, with a focus on broker-dealers, banking, insurance, and other financial institutions. Dr. Cao is based in New York.
- Maria Salgado conducts economic analyses for complex business litigation, particularly involving pharmaceuticals and healthcare, intellectual property, marketing, and antitrust issues. She has strong expertise in biologics and biosimilars. Who’s Who Legal recognizes her as a future leader in the competition field and “an authority on the pharmaceuticals space.” Dr. Salgado is based in San Francisco.
- Celeste Saravia specializes in class certification, liability, and damages issues arising in antitrust and regulatory matters. Dr. Saravia has particular expertise in the economics of distribution and franchising, vertical restraints, and other exclusionary conduct. She works on matters across a range of industries, including information technology, medical devices, aviation, energy, telecommunications, and media. Dr. Saravia is based in San Francisco.
- Frank Schneider assesses loss causation, class certification, economic losses, and valuation issues across a range of industries and financial instruments. A recognized leader on complex finance issues, Dr. Schneider provides financial and statistical analyses for internal and regulatory investigations. He is a coauthor of Appraisal Litigation in Delaware: Trends in Petitions and Opinions. Dr. Schneider is based in Boston.
- Narayanan “Nari” Subramanian specializes in finance and has consulted on class certification, loss causation, and damages issues. He focuses on cases related to trading in over-the-counter markets, particularly for credit default swaps and foreign currency. In these cases, he has examined allegations of market and benchmark manipulation and collusive behavior. Dr. Subramanian is based in Boston.