Jerome Williams provides economic and financial analysis and expert support in all phases of commercial litigation. Dr. Williams has experience with matters involving economics, finance, and marketing, with a focus on surveys, consumer fraud and product liability, and market manipulation issues. He has worked on high-profile matters in the automotive, high-tech, and software industries, and has expertise conducting analyses of large, complex financial datasets.
Dr. Williams’s representative experience includes:
Dr. Williams has extensive experience analyzing and rebutting conjoint surveys, including in support of class certification:
- Garcia et al. v. Volkswagen Group of America Inc. et al.
- Nemet et al. v. Volkswagen Group of America Inc. et al.
- In re Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep EcoDiesel Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation
Consumer fraud and product liability
- Assessed class certification and damages issues in matters involving allegations of product defects and fraudulent marketing
- Designed and conducted surveys to assess materiality, reliance, and consumer heterogeneity issues
- Evaluated marketing practices, branding, and brand equity in advertising and consumer products matters
Market manipulation and trading conduct
- Analyzed internal bank data and market trading data in litigation matters and regulatory proceedings, including proceedings initiated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY), the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Conducted large-scale analysis of internal bank and market trading data in a matter involving allegations of market manipulation and spoofing
- Assessed trader communications and trading data related to alleged collusion and information-sharing among financial institutions
- Analyzed internal bank data in a matter involving allegations of insider trading and front-running
Garcia et al. v. Volkswagen Group of America Inc. et al.
Nemet et al. v. Volkswagen Group of America Inc. et al.
In re Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep EcoDiesel Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation