Arthur Corea-Smith provides economic and statistical analysis in complex commercial litigation and regulatory investigations. Dr. Corea-Smith focuses on antitrust and competition matters, including those involving class certification, liability, damages, and tax liability. He works with attorneys in all phases of the litigation process and supports experts through discovery and trial.
Selected industry experience
- Agriculture, pharmaceuticals, steel, technology, telecommunications, and transportation.
Academic research and presentations
- “What Are the Consequences of Global Banking for the International Transmission of Shocks? A Quantitative Analysis,” with José L. Fillat and Stefania Garetto, NBER Working Paper 25203, 2018.
- “Linking Implementation Fidelity to Outcomes in an RCT,” with Fatih Unlu, Laurie Bozzi, Carolyn Layzer, Cristofer Price, and Richard Hurtig. In Measuring and Modeling Treatment Fidelity in Studies of Educational Intervention, eds. Greg Roberts, Sharon Vaughn, S. Natasha Beretvas, and Vivian Wong (Routledge, 2016).
- “Expanding the Start of the College Pipeline: Ninth Grade Findings from an Experimental Study of the Impact of the Early College High School Model,” with Julie A. Edmunds, Lawrence Bernstein, Fatih Unlu, Elizabeth Glennie, John Willse, and Nina Arshavsky, Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness 5, no. 2 (2012).
Honors and awards
- Visiting Fellow, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Boston University
- Abt Associates Inc.
Evolving Antitrust Analysis of Hospital Mergers
Panel Summary: The Notorious B.I.G. Tech Platforms
Expectations for Healthcare Mergers During the Pandemic
Economic Tools Can Help Evaluate Cartels Amid Recessions
Healthcare Merger Analysis
T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Approved