Jakub Mydlarz addresses complex issues related to valuation, M&A transactions, securities, and financial institutions. Mr. Mydlarz has assessed loss causation, damages, and valuation across a range of industries and financial instruments, including in the context of Rule 10b-5 securities class actions and derivative matters. His experience spans venues that include U.S. federal and state courts, the Delaware Court of Chancery, and international jurisdictions. Mr. Mydlarz works with clients and experts through all phases of the litigation process, including discovery, affirmative and rebuttal reports, deposition, arbitration, and trial.
Valuation and M&A
Mr. Mydlarz has conducted valuation analyses in a variety of contexts, including in connection with fairness opinions for M&A transactions. In addition, he has:
- Supported experts in addressing issues related to deal process and corporate governance
- Valued a large portfolio of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives in an International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) close-out
- Estimated lost profits from alleged breaches of contract and of fiduciary duty
Mr. Mydlarz has analyzed loss causation, liability, and damages issues in numerous Rule 10b-5 and derivative matters:
- Evaluated whether securities traded in an efficient market
- Measured stock price reaction to news releases using event studies
- Calculated value of corporate control and voting rights
- Assessed executive compensation packages
Before joining Cornerstone Research, Mr. Mydlarz worked at Aflac Global Investments. Previously, he worked at Deutsche Bank in New York and London.