Kavan Kucko focuses on matters involving labor and discrimination, antitrust and competition, and intellectual property. Dr. Kucko applies his expertise in economics, econometrics, and statistics to support attorneys and experts in all phases of commercial litigation. He leads teams that analyze complex issues related to class certification, merits, and damages.
Labor, discrimination, and algorithmic bias
- Analyzed compensation rates of female and male athletes from collective bargaining agreements and evaluated team revenues in Morgan et al. v. U.S. Soccer Federation Inc., a class action alleging gender pay discrimination.
- Analyzed male and female pay and promotion rates in connection with a class of employees seeking certification and alleging harm from gender discrimination.
- Assessed employment mobility and compensation of a class of employees seeking certification and alleging harm from non-solicitation (no-poach) among their employers; analyzed relevant market, merits, and damages associated with the allegations.
Antitrust and competition
- Analyzed alleged quantity restrictions in an alleged conspiracy to raise prices of raw milk and processed milk products.
- Estimated price and quantity effects related to healthcare firm acquisitions.
- Evaluated merits claims in a matter related to allegedly anticompetitive exclusive-supply arrangements for a pharmaceutical ingredient.
- Analyzed the relevant market and calculated lost profits in a matter involving sham litigation.
- In Brown et al. v. Madison County, Mississippi, analyzed the location of roadblocks to determine whether they were more frequently implemented in neighborhoods that are predominantly African-American.
Dr. Kucko has published research in the American Economic Journal: Economic Policy and International Finance.
Cornerstone Research Staff and Affiliated Experts Submit Comments to the Joint FTC-DOJ Inquiry on Merger Enforcement
Fresenius Kabi USA LLC v. Par Sterile Products LLC et al.
Morgan et al. v. U.S. Soccer Federation Inc.
Pro Bono: Brown et al. v. Madison County, Mississippi
Class Certification Analysis in Employment Discrimination Litigation
Shuffle Tech International LLC et al. v. Scientific Games Corp. et al.