Lucia Yanguas provides economic and financial analysis and expert support in all phases of commercial litigation, with a focus on product misrepresentation and life sciences matters.
Academic research and presentations
- “The Effect of Natural Disasters on Economic Activity in US Counties: A Century of Data,” with Leah Boustan, Matthew Kahn, and Paul Rhode, Journal of Urban Economics 118 (2020).
- “Technology and Educational Choices: Evidence from a One-Laptop-Per-Child Program,” Economics of Education Review 76 (2020).
- “The Political Coase Theorem: Experimental Evidence,” with Sebastian Galiani and Gustavo Torrens, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 103 (2014).
- Paper presentation in session titled “Local Shocks and Long-Run Persistence,” American Economic Association Annual Meeting, 3–5 January 2020, San Diego, CA.
- Paper presentation in session titled “The Short- and Long-Term Consequences of K–12 Educational Attainment,” Population Association of America Annual Meeting, 10–13 April 2019, Austin, TX.
- Paper presentation, “Technology and Educational Choices: The Case of Uruguay,” Evidence-based Economics Summer Meeting, 28–30 June 2018, Herrsching, Germany.
- Paper presentation, “Efficiency and Market Power in the Financial Sector: The Case of Argentina,” Asociación Argentina de Economia Política, 2011.
Referee, American Economic Journal: Public Policy; Journal of Urban Economics; Regional Science and Urban Economics; and Review of Economics and Statistics.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab, Chile