Rezwan Haque consults on a range of healthcare, life sciences, and financial matters, specializing in class certification, liability, and damages issues. Dr. Haque also addresses intellectual property disputes related to the Hatch-Waxman Act, licensing agreements, and breaches of contract. He leads large teams to provide economic, statistical, and financial analysis in all phases of commercial litigation, including identifying appropriate content for discovery requests, refining case strategies, and supporting clients and experts for deposition and trial.
Healthcare and life sciences
- Assessed class certification, liability, and damages issues in cases involving allegations of off-label or fraudulent marketing
- Analyzed sampling, liability, and damages in reimbursement disputes
- Estimated damages in intellectual property disputes and breach of contract cases related to mergers and licensing agreements
- Evaluated a variety of factors, including clinical trial results, considered by the Food and Drug Administration in approving cancer drugs
- Analyzed risks associated with drug development and commercialization related to tax disputes
- Assessed indicators of commercial success and nexus to patent claims in Hatch-Waxman disputes
- Analyzed potential irreparable harm in the context of preliminary injunction motions
- Applied econometric methodologies to analyze loss causation and damages issues in mortgage-backed securities litigation
- Evaluated the responsibility of a third-party legal services provider and assessed putative damages in a case involving an international Ponzi scheme
- Addressed breach of contract in co-branding relationships between commercial banks and other corporations
Amgen Inc.’s Acquisition of Horizon Therapeutics plc
Assessing Health Data Privacy Damages During A Pandemic
Assessing Putative Damages Attributable to a Third-Party Service Provider
Hsu et al. v. Puma Biotechnology Inc. et al.