Economic and financial consulting firm advances Aganin, Hussain, Neher, and Schmid to senior vice president and Champion, Kruskol, Poissant, and Wilson to principal.
San Francisco—Cornerstone Research, a leading provider of economic and financial consulting and expert testimony, has advanced four senior staff to the role of senior vice president: Alexander “Sasha” Aganin, Samid Hussain, Darwin Neher, and Fernanda Schmid. Ms. Schmid also serves as the firm’s general counsel. In addition, the firm promoted four to principal: Sara Champion, Sean Kruskol, Jean-Philippe “JP” Poissant, and M. Scott Wilson.
“It is a tremendous pleasure to recognize the important contributions of these eight remarkable individuals,” said Michael E. Burton, Cornerstone Research’s president and CEO. “They not only demonstrate impeccable skill and leadership in a wide variety of client matters, but also show deep commitment to their colleagues, serving as dedicated advisors, mentors, and team members.”
These eight remarkable individuals demonstrate impeccable skill and leadership in a wide variety of client matters, and show deep commitment to their colleagues, serving as dedicated advisors, mentors, and team members.
Senior Vice President
- Alexander “Sasha” Aganin leads Cornerstone Research’s financial institutions practice. A recognized authority in finance subjects, Dr. Aganin focuses on securities matters and bankruptcy disputes, as well as antitrust matters related to financial markets and institutions. He is based in Silicon Valley.
- Samid Hussain heads the firm’s consumer fraud and product liability practice. Dr. Hussain has significant experience in a variety of industries, including airlines, automobiles, genetically modified crops, herbicides, high tech, oil and gas, and telecommunications. He is based in New York.
- Darwin Neher has extensive experience with class certification and matters at the intersection of finance and antitrust. Named a leading competition economist by Who’s Who Legal, Dr. Neher addresses many of the firm’s challenging economics cases. He is based in New York.
- Fernanda Schmid is general counsel of Cornerstone Research, managing the firm’s legal, compliance, and business risk matters. She is based in Los Angeles.
- Sara Champion specializes in labor, employment, and antitrust and competition matters, with particular expertise in healthcare. Dr. Champion consults on a range of class certification, liability, and damages issues. She is based in Chicago.
- Sean Kruskol analyzes large, complex datasets related to commercial litigation and accounting disputes. Mr. Kruskol’s expertise includes issues related to accounting and auditing, forensic accounting investigations, data analytics, and damages. He is based in Chicago.
- Jean-Philippe “JP” Poissant evaluates complex accounting, professional liability, executive compensation, valuation, corporate governance, and financial distress issues. Mr. Poissant’s experience also includes analysis of loss causation and damages in disclosure cases. He is based in Los Angeles.
- M. Scott Wilson consults on matters involving financial institutions, securities markets, market microstructure, insurance products, and valuation. Dr. Wilson analyzes a range of class certification, liability, and damages issues in Rule 10b-5, Section 11, and Section 12 matters. He is based in Boston.