Scott Wilson consults on complex, high-profile litigation and regulatory matters involving financial institutions, securities markets, market microstructure, insurance products, and valuation. Dr. Wilson supports experts and attorneys across all phases of litigation, including class certification, merits, mediation, and trial.
Across a diverse range of cases, Dr. Wilson’s experience includes:
- Examining market efficiency, price impact, loss causation, and damages on numerous Rule 10b-5, Section 11, and Section 12 matters
- Assessing damages calculations in mediations and settlement talks
- Addressing allegations of collusive trading behavior in over-the-counter (OTC) markets
- Estimating damages and evaluating the determinants of losses in numerous residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) cases
- Valuing pension and postretirement welfare benefits
- Analyzing portfolio performance and mutual fund fees
- Performing liability and damages analyses in alleged breaches of contract
Prior to joining Cornerstone Research, Dr. Wilson was a consultant at JPMorgan Benefit and Compensation Strategies. During his Ph.D. studies, he consulted to the risk management and tactical asset allocation team of a large state pension fund.
Cornerstone Research Announces Promotions to Senior Vice President and Principal
Excessive Risk: Corporate and Municipal Bond Funds