Frank Mascari is a principal in the Chicago office of Cornerstone Research. Mr. Mascari has more than twenty years of experience providing financial and accounting consulting services in commercial litigation and fraud investigation matters. He has worked on a variety of issues related to post-acquisition disputes, accounting malpractice, and commercial damages matters.
Accounting and auditing
- Assessed damages, liability, and causation claims related to financial reporting fraud and accounting restatements
- Analyzed issues related to revenue recognition, improper capitalization of expenses, acquisition accounting and reserves, falsified assets, impairments, earnings management, operating accruals, and prior period adjustments
- Conducted investigations for audit committees of publicly traded companies to assist with SEC filings and pending SEC and DOJ investigations
- Investigated and identified millions of dollars in kickbacks, thefts, and improper use of company assets
- Participated in multiple stock option backdating investigations on behalf of corporations, their boards, and outside counsel
- Assessed damages, lost profit, breach of contract, and bankruptcy claims
- Created and analyzed complex financial models
- Analyzed due diligence process, marketing practices, pricing policies, financial statements, budgets, operating performance, and financial forecasts
Previously, Mr. Mascari was a director in Navigant Consulting’s Disputes & Investigations practice. He is a certified fraud examiner. Mr. Mascari is the board treasurer and past board secretary and vice president at the Center for Disability and Elder Law Center.
Accounting Class Action Filings and Settlements
Accounting Class Action Filings and Settlements—2020 Review and Analysis
Allegations of Accounting Firm Liability
Auditor Independence: Individual Auditor
Cornerstone Research Connects: 2019 Accounting Class Action Filings and Settlements
SEC's Renewed Focus On Non-GAAP Measures: 1 Year Later
Aéropostale Inc. et al.