Jerry Lin specializes in litigation and regulatory investigations related to market microstructure, securities, and valuation, with a focus on issues involving sophisticated, large-scale data analytics. Mr. Lin supports clients and experts through all phases of the litigation process, including discovery, deposition, and trial. A CFA charterholder, Mr. Lin has more than a decade of consulting experience.
His recent experience includes:
- Examined market and internal trading data to assess claims related to best execution
- Analyzed intraday volatility market data to determine the effectiveness of certain rule changes by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Performed discounted cash flow and multiples valuations for Delaware appraisal litigation
- Assessed valuation methodologies for a conglomerate in an international arbitration
- Analyzed valuations, restructuring transactions, and solvency in bankruptcy proceedings
- Designed algorithm to assess and compute damages using consumer banking data
- Addressed claims of price fixing and collusion by applying statistical models to transaction-level data
- Analyzed large, proprietary datasets in the context of an FTC investigation of in-app purchases
City of Providence, Rhode Island, et al. v. BATS Global Markets Inc. et al.