Jerry Lin specializes in litigation and regulatory investigations related to market microstructure, securities, and valuation, with a focus on issues involving sophisticated, large-scale data analytics. Mr. Lin supports clients and experts through all phases of the litigation process, including discovery, deposition, and trial. A CFA charterholder, Mr. Lin has more than a decade of consulting experience.
His recent experience includes:
- Examined market and internal trading data to assess claims related to best execution
- Analyzed intraday volatility market data to determine the effectiveness of certain rule changes by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Performed discounted cash flow and multiples valuations for Delaware appraisal litigation
- Assessed valuation methodologies for a conglomerate in an international arbitration
- Analyzed valuations, restructuring transactions, and solvency in bankruptcy proceedings
- Designed algorithm to assess and compute damages using consumer banking data
- Addressed claims of price fixing and collusion by applying statistical models to transaction-level data
- Analyzed large, proprietary datasets in the context of an FTC investigation of in-app purchases
Patent Infringement and Trade Secret Misappropriation Claims in Venture Capital
Cornerstone Research Promotes Ten Senior Staff to Principal
City of Providence, Rhode Island, et al. v. BATS Global Markets Inc. et al.