Robert Letson specializes in matters involving market manipulation, financial benchmarks, and market microstructure, as well as issues arising in the FinTech and cryptocurrency spaces. Mr. Letson has assisted major financial institutions in extracting, analyzing, and producing large transaction-level datasets; he is also experienced in analyzing links between trading conduct and trader communications.
Mr. Letson has consulted on matters involving antitrust economics and merger review, and has provided economic analyses in matters involving the promotion of pharmaceutical products. He works with attorneys in all phases of the litigation process, and supports academic and industry experts through discovery and trial.
Market manipulation, financial benchmarks, and market microstructure
- Analyzed trading in foreign exchange products in multinational investigations of alleged collusion and manipulation of FX markets.
- Analyzed money markets and interest rate derivatives data in connection with regulatory investigations involving alleged LIBOR manipulation.
- Analyzed allegations of manipulative trading on cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Consulted in several high-profile mergers, including Walt Disney Company’s Acquisition of 21st Century Fox Film and TV Studios and Certain Cable Networks.
- Managed teams to address merger reviews in a variety of industries, including automobile rentals, consumer products, media, and telecommunications.
- Evaluated alleged fraudulent marketing of pharmaceutical products in multidistrict litigation involving damages, restitution, and civil penalties.
Prior to joining Cornerstone Research, Mr. Letson worked at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in Washington, D.C.
Tips for Making the Most of Blockchain Analysis
FinTech Series: Emerging Economic Issues in Cryptocurrency Litigation
CME Ether futures: How is the contract designed?
Walt Disney Company’s Acquisition of 21st Century Fox Film and TV Studios and Certain Cable Networks
Bitcoin Futures: A Closer Look At CME's Contract Design
In re Polyurethane Foam Antitrust Litigation