Sally Woodhouse coleads Cornerstone Research’s life sciences practice. Dr. Woodhouse consults on pharmaceutical and healthcare matters involving antitrust, product misrepresentation, intellectual property, False Claims Act, breach of contract, and securities fraud allegations.
Dr. Woodhouse’s experience in life sciences antitrust matters includes assessing the appropriateness of class certification, analyzing relevant markets and competitive effects, and estimating damages. These cases have involved allegations of delayed or suppressed generic competition related to reverse payment settlements, product hopping, risk evaluation and mitigation strategy (REMS) programs, and noncompete agreements.
Dr. Woodhouse has also analyzed:
- Pharmaceutical pricing practices in the context of average wholesale price (AWP) litigation
- Commercial reasonableness of drug development and commercialization efforts in breach of contract matters
- Damages, commercial success, and irreparable harm in pharmaceutical patent infringement matters
- Damages and class certification issues in pharmaceutical improper marketing matters
- Company clinical trial protocols, analyses of clinical trial data, and other biostatistics issues arising in securities and product misrepresentation matters
Dr. Woodhouse has consulted on healthcare matters involving health insurance companies, physicians groups, hospitals, and pharmacies, including retail, specialty, and long-term care pharmacies. Her work on these matters has included assessing merger effects, monopolization claims, and reimbursement disputes, among other topics.
Dr. Woodhouse has consulted on cases in a number of other industries, including automotive, consumer products, financial institutions, and high tech.
Pro Bono: Cornerstone Research Supports Efforts to Protect Voting Rights
Boston Globe Article Features Cornerstone Research
Alleged Failure to Disclose Drug Safety Issues
ICC Arbitration Involving Commercially Reasonable Efforts to Develop and Commercialize a Drug
Cornerstone Research Promotes Five to Senior Vice President
Expert Forum: Competition Law and Economics in Pharmaceutical Markets: Recent Decisions in Reverse Payments and Excessive Pricing
Hsu et al. v. Puma Biotechnology Inc. et al.
Handbook of Marketing Analytics
- Pro Bono: Cornerstone Research Supports Efforts to Protect Voting Rights
- Alleged Failure to Disclose Drug Safety Issues
- ICC Arbitration Involving Commercially Reasonable Efforts to Develop and Commercialize a Drug
- Hsu et al. v. Puma Biotechnology Inc. et al.
- United States of America ex rel. Susan Ruscher et al. v. Omnicare Inc. et al.
- Reverse Payments Settlement Analysis
- Cornerstone Research Staff and Expert Sign Amici Curiae Brief for U.S. First Circuit
- Cornerstone Research Coauthors Antitrust Amicus Curiae Brief for U.S. Third Circuit
- Cornerstone Research Coauthors Antitrust Amicus Brief for Supreme Court
- Off-Label Marketing
- Market Timing
- Average Wholesale Price Litigation
- Commercial Success
- Damages in Life-Cycle Management Case
- Delayed Generic Competition
- Irreparable Harm
- In re Ovcon Antitrust Litigation
- Pharmaceutical Marketing