Kostis Hatzitaskos coheads Cornerstone Research’s antitrust and competition practice. Citing his econometrics expertise and significant experience analyzing large datasets, Who’s Who Legal has recognized Dr. Hatzitaskos as a Future Leader in the competition field, describing him as “a great young economist, great communicator, and a pleasure to work with.”
Dr. Hatzitaskos leads merger review teams for merging parties and government agencies in investigations, both in the United States and internationally. He has extensive experience in all phases of merger review, including lead trial roles on behalf of the government on U.S. v. Aetna/Humana and FTC v. Wilhelmsen/Drew, and on behalf of the merging parties in T-Mobile/Sprint and FTC v. Sysco/U.S. Foods.
His civil litigation experience involves class certification, liability, and damages issues in complex commercial litigation across competition and intellectual property matters. He led a team supporting Dr. Matthew Lynde in the landmark Microsoft v. Motorola trial, which addressed the determination of reasonable and nondiscriminatory (RAND) royalty rates.
Dr. Hatzitaskos has coauthored multiple publications on economic methods and the role of experts in antitrust and competition matters, including chapters in reference books and handbooks published by the ABA Section of Antitrust Law. A regular speaker and moderator at specialist and scholarly conferences, Dr. Hatzitaskos has participated in panels at Stanford, Fordham, Northwestern, and George Washington Universities. As of 2018, he is a member of the editorial board of the ABA’s Antitrust Source.
Craig Malam Joins Cornerstone Research
Cornerstone Research Staff and Affiliated Experts Submit Comments to the Joint FTC-DOJ Inquiry on Merger Enforcement
Cornerstone Research Named in 2022 Matters of the Year in U.S. and Europe
2022 Antitrust Writing Awards
2021 Who’s Who Legal: Consulting Experts
A Tale of Two Sides: Sabre/Farelogix in the United States and the U.K.
Who’s Who Legal: Competition Future Leaders—Economists 2021
- Meta/Kustomer Merger
- In the Matter of Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- In the Matter of US Foods and Services Group of America
- In the Matter of Walgreens Boots Alliance and Rite Aid
- In the Matter of Ball Corporation and Rexam PLC
- Allegations of “No-Poach” Hiring Agreement Between Tech Firms
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Approved
- Cigna’s Acquisition of Express Scripts
- Walt Disney Company’s Acquisition of 21st Century Fox Film and TV Studios and Certain Cable Networks
- Commercial Metals Company’s Acquisition of Certain Assets from Gerdau S.A.
- FTC v. Wilhelmsen et al.
- Analog Devices’ Acquisition of Linear Technology Corporation
- Proposed Merger of Aetna and Humana Enjoined
- Southeastern Milk Antitrust Litigation
- Microsoft Corporation v. Motorola Mobility, Inc. et al.
- Intel–McAfee Merger